Due Date: November 12, 2021
Reports To: Executive Director
Responsible for: Marketing Officer
Job Purpose: To provide the promotion of the hotel’s business, services, products or brand.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business through telesales and sales visits to existing and prospective clients.
- Develop and execute marketing plan, budget, strategies and action plan to grow revenue and market share.
- Research markets to identify business opportunities including conferences, events and functions.
- Promote hotel’s products and the brand to existing and new clients.
- Develop, manage and evaluate marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Invite existing and potential clients for site tour to encourage them do business with the hotel.
- Gather marketing intelligence through competitor analysis reports and evaluates competitors.
- Develop social media strategies to improve visibility and increase sales revenue.
- Create and maintain relationships with existing and new customers.
- Solicit banquet business and ensure clients’ satisfaction with all functions booked.
- Liaise with reservations, kitchen and housekeeping departments to ensure excellent customer service.
- Manage and review work activities and work performance of team members.
- Train, coach, mentor and develop team members to improve work performance.
- Generate written marketing reports.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree / diploma in Marketing Management or related field.
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Experience with creating marketing campaigns and strategies, and social media strategies.
- Effective leadership, organisational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of public relations.
- Able to organize, prioritize and delegate work and follow-up.
- Able to build team and manage diversity in team.
- Flexibility to work day, evenings, over weekends and on public holidays.
Responses may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com not later than Friday 12th of November 2021