The ZimChartered Marketer programme is a prestigious marketing status that is accorded to marketing professionals in and around Zimbabwe. The programme is done in partnership with Chinhoyi University of Technology, Bindura University of Science Education. It seeks to consolidate theory into practice through mentorship of a small to medium enterprise for a one year period. It seeks to expose one to the practical approach to marketing rather than being theoretical. Many local marketers have attained the qualification of being Chartered marketers in the United Kingdom or in the United States. This may be commendable but there is need to localise some qualifications such that they are relevant to the local business environment and local economic setting. Helping African SMEs to flourish is crucial not only for Africa but for the global economy, because it creates a growing middle class with disposable income, in tandem with market opportunities for new investors.
The criteria for one to become a ZimChartered Marketer, is as follows:
ZimChartered Marketer qualiﬁcation:
- A minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) year broad practical marketing experience.
- A professional marketing degree or global equivalent in a marketing discipline that can be authenticated by an institutional authority and is recognized by the Marketers Association of Zimbabwe.
- Membership to Marketers Association of Zimbabwe
Benefits of becoming a ZimChartered Marketer are that you will have the privilege of attaining of a highly recognized Marketing qualiﬁcation in Zimbabwe and beyond. The program addresses the need for marketing professionals to be credible and results oriented. This is also a platform for enhanced career prospects and is an avenue for continuous personal development in today's dynamic business environment. It oﬀers practical marketing exposure blended with relevant theory.
Module covered under the theory stage are:
- Advanced Strategic Marketing 4
- Marketing Metrics and Emerging Trends 4
- New Media, (Digital Strategy) and Big Data Analytics 4
- Change Management and Leadership Management 4