Thursday, June 11, 2020
What Celebrity Endorsement is…..
- Celebrity endorsement is when a businesses of any size uses a celebrity to help promote their brand or product, or service.
- In other words it is when a widely loved sports person, actor, musician, Pastor etc endorses a product/service
- Purpose is to reach a greater audience, represented by the celebrity’s fan/follower base.
- Endorsements can take the form of giving expert opinion, being a spokesperson or model for a product, or simply being associated with a brand or mentioning it
- Endorsement happens over traditional channels (TV & Radio commercials, Jingles , print ads), digital channels & other channels e.g. putting up branded apparel, event activations etc
- It can be explicit or implicit endorsement (they use the product vs celebrity in the image of the brand).
- Note to all – Celebrity endorsement vs Celebrity marketing are different – Marketing the Messi brand vs Messi endorsing the Adidas Brand